Summary: Provides detailed, step-by-step guidance on how to write a proposal for both quantitative and qualitative research. Numerous examples throughout the book make it easy to understand. Two complete proposals are presented at the end of the book.
Provides step-by-step instructions for students who will be writing their first research proposal in the social and behavioral sciences.
- Each major secti ...show moreon is divided into short topics. For each topic, students complete an exercise that leads them toward the goal of preparing a proposal.
- Numerous examples throughout the book make the recommendations for proposal writing come alive.
- The two sample research proposals at the end of the book illustrate proposal writing and provide material for classroom discussions.
- Provides concrete guidance for students who will be writing proposals for both quantitative and qualitative research.
- The structure of this book enables students to work independently with confidence while writing the first drafts of their proposals.
- All steps in proposal writing are clearly described and illustrated.
- Ideal for use in:
- research methods classes where students write a proposal as a term project.
- thesis/dissertation preparation classes.
- senior research seminars where proposing and conducting research is a culminating undergraduate activity.
- any graduate-level seminar in which the instructor wants to incorporate a project that will engage students in critical thinking about the content area.
- Field tested with students just beginning their study of research methods, this book received very high student evaluations.
- Written by one of our most popular authors, this new book is sure to please your students as much as her other books have.
Students will write better research proposals with this easy-to-follow new book. ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 00
Publisher: Pyrczak Publishing
Year Published: 2000
Other Editions of Proposing Empirical Research : A Guide to the Fundamentals: