on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: Provides detailed, step-by-step guidance on how to write proposals for both quantitative and qualitative research. Numerous examples throughout the book make it easy to understand. Three complete proposals are presented at the end of the book.Edition/Copyright: 2ND 02
Part A: Getting Started
1. What Is Empirical Research?
2. Identifying Broad Problem Areas
3. Evaluating Broad Problem Areas
4. Identifying and Combining Variables
5. Identifying Treatment Variables
6. Considering Demographic Variables
7. Writing Purposes and Hypotheses
Part B: A Closer Look at Problem Selection
8. Finding Ideas in the Literature
9. Considering a Body of Literature
10. Considering Theories
11. Determining Feasibility
Part C: Selecting an Approach
12. Qualitative Research
13. Survey Research
14. Correlational Research
15. Experimental Research
16. Causal-Comparative Research
Part D: Organizing and Evaluating Literature
17. Organizing Literature by Topics
18. Evaluating Research Literature
19. Considering the History of a Topic
Part E: Writing the Introduction and Literature Review
20. A Separate Introduction
21. An Integrated Introduction and Literature Review
22. Writing the First Paragraph(s)
23. Using a Topic Outline
24. Being Selective and Critical
Part F: Proposing a Sample
25. Sampling in Qualitative Research
26. Random Sampling
27. Other Methods of Sampling: I
28. Other Methods of Sampling: II
29. Sample Size
Part G: Proposing Instrumentation
30. Qualitative Instrumentation
31. Proposing Published Instruments
32. Proposing New Instruments
33. Proposing to Measure Demographics
34. Ethical Issues in Measurement
Part H: Proposing Procedures
35. Nonexperimental Procedures
36. Procedures in Experiments
37. Ethical Issues and Procedures
Part I: Proposing Methods of Analysis
38. Qualitative Analysis
39. Analysis of Demographics
40. Relationships: Nominal
41. Relationships: Equal Interval
42. Group Differences
Part J: Concluding Tasks
43. Writing a Discussion Section
44. Giving the Proposal a Title
45. Preparing an Abstract
46. Developing a Timeline
Part K: Sample Research Proposals for Discussion
Sample Proposal 1: A Survey
Sample Proposal 2: An Experiment
Sample Proposal 3: A Qualitative Study
Table 1: Table of Recommended Sample Sizes
Appendix A: Locating Literature Electronically
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.