Summary: When Puntos de partida first published in 1981 it introduced a new era in language materials and language instruction in this country through its hallmark focus on communicative language proficiency and the development of the four skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening). Puntos has established itself as one of the market leaders among introductory Spanish textbooks. In this 20th Anniversary Edition, Puntos will cont ...show moreinue to offer the most teacher- and student-friendly textbook on the market as well as a host of exciting new features, most notably a state-of-the-art Teacher's Edition.Edition/Copyright: 6TH 01
- A special Teacher's Edition that will offer more teaching apparatus than any other introductory Spanish book on the market. An enlarged trim size, extensive annotations, and other special features will set Puntos apart from every book on the market, both physically and because of the breadth and quality of the marginal annotations. In addition, Puntos will not look "so busy" anymore!
- A bold & beautiful new Chapter Opener spread will highlight the integrated multimedia package that supports this text. The spread will include a video feature, a CD-ROM feature, and a web feature.
- Every chapter will include a new country-specific cultural page. The current edition presents a longer 3 page cultural spread after every three chapters; the plan is to remove those spreads and instead include a cultural page for EACH chapter in the sixth edition.
- The current Un paso más section of each chapter will be revised to focus exclusively on reading and writing activities. Half of the readings are new (and terrific!). The accompanying writing tasks will be strengthened and revised thoroughly. The existing oral activities found in the Un paso más section will be removed (and recycled elsewhere, such as on the web site).
- The revision of the grammar scope and sequence will be relatively minor, per reviewers' suggestions and due to extensive changes in the prior, fifth edition.
- The Un poco de todo sections will be revised to include more recycling of grammar (especially in the latter 1/3 of book).
- The art program will be updated.
- The new edition includes exciting new video footage that will have a situational focus (e.g., ordering in a restaurant, making a hotel reservation, etc.), shot on location in Mexico, Peru and Costa Rica.
- A new Instructor Multimedia Guide, which will provide additional suggestions for integrating multimedia into the classroom and also supplemental activities, will be part of the program.
- A new "interactive e-book edition" CD-ROM.
- A new Online Learning Center and web site including cultural links and interactive quizzing.
- The chapter structure in Puntos de partida is very manageable and easy to understand. Chapters are designed to be taught through from start to finish, a feature which is especially reassuring to inexperienced teachers. No jumping around or flipping back and forth is necessary.
- Adopters of Puntos de partida consistently praise the grammar explanations for being unusually clear and with just the right amount of detail. The explanations are written in language designed for beginning students, whose knowledge of English grammar may be limited. Grammar points are always introduced in context with a short dialogue or other instructional device, illustrated with several examples, and followed by lots of practice material.
- When it comes to practice material, Puntos de partida offers an embarrassment of riches. The authors know from personal experience that having more activity options than one can use is never a mistake, whereas running out of things to do in class can be a nightmare. Each grammar point is supported with a wide variety first of focused exercises and then of communicative activities. The activities and their instructions are clear and easy to follow, so valuable class time is not wasted on deciphering directions or on elaborate set-up. Best of all, the activities can be counted on
- The reliability of Puntos de partida always extends to its supplements as well. The ancillaries are written either by the text authors themselves or by proven materials writers who are involved in the revision of the text from the beginning. The result is a package one can count on to coordinate well with the student text.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2001
Other Editions of Puntos De Partida / With CD: