Summary: Manageable in length and communicative in approach, this brief introductory Spanish program is a favorite text for schools that have a limited number of contact hours per week and like to finish the entire book in the first year. The foundation of ¿Qué tal? rests solidly on the development of the four skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) with a nice selection of lively activities.
...show more;'> ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 5TH 99
- Clarity of explanations, integration of skills, and manageable length are hallmark features of this book.
- New chapter organization (similar to Vis-à-vis structure) helps students manage the material withough being overwhelmed: 4 pasos/chapter (vocabulary, grammar, culture spread, grammar, skill development).
- New chapter opener serves as an advanced video preview that gets students into the chapter theme. It is followed with a video activity.
- The Video is further integrated into the text in the Situaciones feature (in the Un paso más section of the chapter), with pre-and post-viewing activities.
- All new readings are realia-based. Preference was given to short, manageable pieces.
- New Enfoque cultural section in each chapter focuses on a specific country in the Spanish-speaking world.
- Text-specific CD-ROM offers additional experience with Spanish in a multimedia format.
- Web icon in Enfoque cultural section highlights areas that can be enhanced by visiting the text-specific web site for QT.
- ¿Qué tal? has always been known as a text that works, with each clearly explained grammar point followed first by focused exercises and only progressing to the more challenging communicative activities once control of the grammar point has been established.
- The very manageable length of ¿Qué tal? makes it a frequent choice for courses that meet three times a week.
- The lively activities in ¿Qué tal? make it a text that appeals to a wide variety of professors. Activities are both abundant enough and creative enough to accommodate many different teaching styles.
- ¿Qué tal? does a superior job of reviewing and recycling both grammar and vocabulary, ensuring that students retain what they have learned.
Cover: Other Format
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 1999