This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Racial and ethnic inclusiveness has grown to be more important in the United States as its society has become increasingly diverse. Racism, Sexism, and the Media: The Rise of Class Communication in Multicultural America, Third Edition examines how people of color fit into the fabric of America and how the media tell them and others how they fit. Authors Clint C. Wilson, Félix Gutiérrez, and Lena M. Chao perceive the rise of class communication as a resu ...show morelt of the convergence of new media technologies and continued demographic segmentation of audiences as people of color grow as targets of and markets for the media. Edition/Copyright: 3RD 03
The Third Edition of Racism, Sexism, and the Media includes updated content on topics covered in the previous editions, such as film, television, radio, print media, advertising, and public relations. This edition incorporates new material on women of color, including an integrated assessment of their media experiences. The authors have arranged the chapters to facilitate a logical approach to the subject, providing readers more access to understanding how the media represent minorities.
Features and Benefits of the Third Edition:
- New co-author Lena M. Chao provides insight into the media experiences of women of color, as well as those of people from Asian and Pacific Island cultures.
- The most current information in the rapidly evolving area of minorities and the media, including portrayals of minorities in the media and strategies for coping with a diverse and often insensitive media landscape.
- An extensive, thoughtful and thought-provoking art program brings concepts to life with examples from multiple decades and diverse media such as posters, political cartoons, advertisements, food labels, newspapers, television, and film.
- A 21st century vision of the future of minorities and mass communication, including the growth of racial diversity, technological advances in communication media, and targeting of audience segments by the media.
- Racism, Sexism, and the Media, Third Edition is recommended for undergraduate and graduate students of mass communication and social sciences, including journalism, broadcasting, film, and advertising.
Publisher: Sage Publications, Inc.
Other Editions of Racism, Sexism, and the Media : The Rise of Class Communication in Multicultural America: