Summary: To meet the demands of practicing radiologic technologist and students in training, Blackwell introduces the latest volume of the Rad Tech's Guide Series. Rad Tech's Guide to Equipment Operation and Maintenance promises a clinically-relevant introductory review of radiographic imaging systems. This condensed handbook is both a concise review for board preparation exams, as well as handy reference guide for the busy rad tech. This on the spot reference features: *Content based on mate
rial found on the AART Entry to Practice Exam *Easy to read text for quick referencing and smooth navigation *Presents the most current and informative material on the technical aspects of radiographic equipment and total quality management *Pocket size -- take it anywhere!
Summary: To meet the demands of practicing radiologic technologist and students in training, Blackwell introduces the latest volume of the Rad Tech's Guide Series. Rad Tech's Guide to Equipment Operation and Maintenance promises a clinically-relevant introductory review of radiographic imaging systems. This condensed handbook is both a concise review for board preparation exams, as well as handy reference guide for the busy rad tech. This on the spot reference features: *Content based on material found on the AART Entry to Practice Exam *Easy to read text for quick referencing and smooth navigation *Presents the most current and informative material on the technical aspects of radiographic equipment and total quality management *Pocket size -- take it anywhere! ...show less
Edition/Copyright:01 Cover: Paperback Publisher:Blackwell Science, Inc. Published: 05/03/2001 International: No
View Table of Contents
1. X-Ray Imaging Systems for Diagnostic Radiology.Imaging Systems Overview.Main Components of an Imaging System.Quality Management: An Overview.Nature of Quality Control.
2. Radiographic Imaging Systems.Major components of a Radiographic Imaging System.Image Receptor: Film-Based Radiography.Film Processing.Radiographic Image Quality.
3. X-Ray Generators.Purpose of the X-Ray Generator.X-Ray Generator Circuit.Rectifiers and Rectification.Types of X-Ray Generators.Power Rating of an X-Ray Generator.
4. X-Ray Tubes for Diagnostic Radiology.Production of X-Rays.Components of X-Ray Tubes.Metal-Ceramic Tube with Double Bearings.X-Ray Tube Heat Capacity.Preventing X-Ray Tube Failure: Practical Considerations.
5. Filtering the X-Ray Beam.What is a Filter?.Types of Filtration.Effects of Filtration on X-Ray Tube Output.Heavy Metal Filters.Compensating Filters.Image Dose Dodging.
6. Exposure Timers for Radiographic Systems.Location of the Timer Circuitry.Main Function of the Timer.Types of Exposure Timers.Automatic Exposure Control.Practical Considerations.Advantages of Automatic Exposure Control.Quality Control for Exposure Timers.Exposure Time and Radiation Protection.
7. Equipment for Controlling Scattered Radiation .Origin of Scattered Radiation.Factors Affecting the Amount of Scatter Production.Sources of Scattered Radiation.Improving Contrast: Antiscatter Techniques.Antiscatter Grids: Design and Performance.Scanning Slit Assemblies.
8. Fluoroscopic Imaging Systems .Elements of a Fluoroscopic Examination.Conventional Fluoroscopy: Equipment Components.X-Ray Image Intensifier Tube.Closed-Circuit X-Ray Television.Automatic Brightness Control.Recording the Fluoroscopic Image: Spot-Filming.Digital Fluoroscopy.
9. Mobile Imaging Systems .Radiographic Systems.Accessory Equipment.Fluoroscopic Systems.Mini C-Arm Fluoroscopic Systems.Equipment Maintenance: Continuous Quality Improvement.Definitions.Format of a QC Test.Tools for QC Testing.Parameters for QC Monitoring.Acceptance Criteria-Tolerance Limits.Control Charts.Basic QC Tests for Radiography.Basic QC Tests for Conventional Tomography.Basic QC Tests for Fluoroscopic Systems.QC for X-Ray Film Processors.Repeat Film Analysis.Record Keeping.Benefits of a CQI Program
List Price: $56.95
Used Currently Sold Out
New Currently Sold Out
Due back 07/31/2015
Save $13.46 (24%)
Free return shipping
21-day satisfaction guarantee
CDs or access codes may not be included
Marketplace sellers starting at $3.89
17 more offers below.
Additional Sellers for Rad Tech's Guide to Equipment Operation and Maintenance
Just for you, we curate a growing list of independent booksellers, giving you even MORE choices when shopping for your textbooks.
Keep in mind: Marketplace orders do NOT qualify for free shipping.More about the Marketplace
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.