Summary: A complete guide to radiology principles and techniques, this comprehensive textbook helps you develop imaging skills through practical application. Detailed step-by-step procedures demonstrate proper techniques; photos and illustrations improve comprehension and readability. You'll learn to interpret radiographs, and troubleshoot and prevent common errors. For students, it's an ideal introduction to radiology; for dental hygiene/assisting professionals, it's a great ...show more review! Edition/Copyright: 9TH 10
- A unique lecture format ensures the chapters can be covered within one hour.
- A logical organization starts with the basics and makes it easier to progress through the material.
- Robust art program: a visual is essential to the learning process.
- Procedures boxes show detailed radiography procedures with illustrations and photos to appropriately demonstrate proper techniques.
- Common Errors boxes explain mistakes in radiographic techniques and describe how they can be resolved.
- Advantages/Disadvantages boxes compare and contrast the good and bad elements of radiographic techniques.
- Detailed outlines and educational objectives at the beginning of each chapter identify the information that you are expected to learn.
- Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter and highlighted upon first mention in the text.
- An Evolve website provides an instructor's manual, image collection, and test bank for instructors, and crossword puzzles and common error summaries for students.
- NEW coverageof Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) addresses 3-D images of the maxillofacial region using a cone shaped x-ray beam.
- Patient Management and Special Problems chapter improves coverage of bedridden patients and specific problems such as endodontic issues and third molars.
- New illustrations depict techniques and show the latest technology.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Other Editions of Radiology for the Dental Professionals: