Summary: Reflecting the 2010 Emergency Cardiovascular Care guidelines, RAPID Paramedic, 2nd Edition provides useful, quick-reference information to students and practicing paramedics. A full-color print guide, it offers a pocket size and spiral-bound format that is perfect for use in the classroom or in the field. Vital features include management algorithms, emergency drug information, hazmat warning placards, a spinal injury decision tree, crime scene considerations, equations such a ...show mores the Glasgow Coma Scale and Revised Trauma Score, and more. Written by paramedic expert Mick Sanders, RAPID Paramedic is a handy guide that you will use again and again! Edition/Copyright: 2ND 11
- Handy field guide complements ANY paramedic textbook, or can easily stand alone.
- Quick-reference material includes management algorithms, emergency drug information, hazmat warning placards, a spinal injury decision tree, crime scene considerations, tools such as the Glasgow Coma Scale and Revised Trauma Score, places to record frequently used phone numbers and resources, drug dosage calculation formulas, and much more.
- Color tabs separate and identify each section so you can quickly locate information in an emergency.
- Convenient, pocket size and spiral binding makes it easy to lay the book flat and keeps your hands free for making calculations.
- Emergency Drug Index table provides generic and trade names, indications, and dosages for adult and pediatric patients.
- Common Home Medication table includes generic and trade names, classifications, and indications.
- Herbal Supplement table includes names, uses, and important facts.
- Updated content is based on the new National EMS Education Standards, and reflects the 2010 ECC (Emergency Cardiovascular Care) guidelines.
Publisher: Elsevier Science