on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: Exploring the ways that clients' lives, and family therapy itself, are constrained by larger forces of racial, cultural, sexual, and class-based inequality, this groundbreaking volume expands the boundaries of the field and works toward truly inclusive clinical practice. Editor Monica McGoldrick--whose earlier Ethnicity and Family Therapy provides in-depth portraits of the family systems of more than 40 ethnic groups--here takes up vital cultural issues that cut acro ...show moress all ethnicities. Renowned contributors offer concrete suggestions for improving family therapy training and developing services that minority families may experience as more relevant to their lives. ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 98
"An invaluable resource for instruction in the relationship among external dynamics like racism, sexism, classism, and heterosexism; family-of-origin systemic factors; and internal psychological perceptions like a sense of inferiority or superiority....An essential text for any university or postgraduate program seriously engaged in the education of clinicians for therapy with diverse family systems."
--Reo Leslie, Jr., DMin, LPC
"Once again Monica McGoldrick succeeds in her efforts to lead us forward in our thinking about families and family therapy with written words that stretch even the most culturally aware and sensitive therapists....I cannot think of a clinician, supervisor, educator, researcher, student, or therapist-in-training who would not find this volume useful in their practice of family therapy."
--Journal of Family Psychotherapy
"For 20 years, Ethnicity and Family Therapy has been a cornerstone for introducing students and professionals to the importance of viewing clients through a cultural lens. Undoubtedly, Re-Visioning Family Therapy will have the same influence in the profession of couple and family therapy."
--Stephanie Brooks, MSW, LCSW, LMFT
Publisher Web Site, December, 2002
I. Re-Visioning Family Therapy
1. Introduction: Re-Visioning Family Therapy through a Cultural Lens, McGoldrick
2. Theorizing Culture: Narrative Ideas and Practice Principles, Laird
3. The Cultural Meaning of Family Triangles, Falicov
4. Social Class as a Relationship: Implications for Family Therapy, Kliman
5. Beliefs, Spirituality, and Transcendence: Keys to Family Resilience, Walsh
6. Climbing Up the Rough Side of the Mountain: Hope, Culture, and Therapy, Hines
II. Challenging Racism In Ideology And Training
7. Race and the Field of Family Therapy, Green
8. Training Programs: Guidelines for Multicultural Transformation, Green
9. The Dynamics of a Pro-Racist Ideology: Implications for Family Therapists, Hardy and Laszloffy
10. The Talking Oppression Blues: Including the Experience of Power/Powerlessness in the Teaching of "Cultural Sensitivity," Akamatsu
III. What It Means To Be White
11. White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack, McIntosh
12. Body Ritual among the Nacirema, Miner
13. Dismantling White Male Privilege within Family Therapy, Dolan-Del Vecchio
IV. Cultural Legacies
14. Black Genealogy Revisited: Restorying an African American Family, Pinderhughes
15. The Discovery of My Multicultural Identity, Colón
16. Belonging and Liberation, McGoldrick
17. Racial Unity from the Perspective of Personal Family History, Mahboubi and Searcy
18. No Longer an Orphan in History, Folwarski
V. Therapy With Different Populations
19. The Double Binds of Racism, Mahmoud
20. African American Couples in Therapy, Boyd-Franklin and Franklin
21. African American Sibling Relationships, Watson
22. Intercultural Couples, Crohn
23. Marriages of Asian Women and American Military Men, Kim
24. The Families of Lesbian Women and Gay Men, Johnson and Keren
25. Latinas in the United States, Garcia-Preto
26. Clinical Reflections on Refugee Families, Mock
27. Migration and the Disruption of the Social Network, Sluzki
28. The Impact of Multiple Contexts on Recent Immigrant Families, Mirkin
VII. New Approaches To Therapy Practice
29. A Fifth Province Approach to Intracultural Issues in an Irish Context, Byrne and McCarthy
30. The Challenges of Culture to Psychology and Postmodern Thinking, Waldegrave
31. The Cultural Context Model, Almeida, Woods, Messineo, and Font
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.