Summary: This collection of readings represents the full range of deviance sociology, dealing with many different theories collected via different research methodologies. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 06
Designed as either a main text or a supplement, Readings in Deviant Behavior includes selections with high student appeal. All of the readings have been carefully edited for clarity and conciseness to ensure that students will find them easy and enjoyable to read while learning what deviance is al ...show morel about. The fourth edition features many new articles that reflect current trends, especially those dealing with noncriminal deviance as well as those that emphasize the constructionist perspective.
One user writes, ''The articles have been extremely well-selected. They cover classical and current issues in deviance. Many are on the 'cutting edge' . . . the coverage of theories of deviance is outstanding because while the selections are relatively short, they convey the essence of each of the perspectives.''
- Student-friendly articles have been edited by the authors for maximum clarity and conciseness.
- Readings expose students to all the major theories of deviance.
- The anthology encompasses a wide spectrum of deviant behaviors, from those that have long attracted sociological attention, such as homicide and suicide, to those that have in recent years leapt into public and sociological consciousness, such as suicide bombing, sex tourism, binge drinking, and cyberdeviance.
- Multidisciplinary analyses of deviant behaviors effectively reflect the diverse, wide-ranging and exciting state of the sociology of deviance today.
- Reflects the increased research on noncriminal deviance, such as tattooing, hyperactivity, nude dancing, binge drinking, smoking, and online sex.
- Reflects the change in theoretical emphasis from the positivist perspective to the constructionist perspective.
- Available at a discount when packaged with Thio, Deviant Behavior, 8/e. Package ISBN: 0-205-47107-2.
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Other Editions of Readings in Deviant Behavior: