Summary: The Third Edition Readings in Planning Theory features comprehensive updates and 13 new readings that define current debates within the field, identify its boundaries, present the works that constitute its central focus, and address the central issues that face planners as theorists and practitioners.
- Expands the focus on international planning by including globalization and theories of development
- Includes new readings that examine themes emergin ...show moreg in planning theory, including a critique of the modernist roots of centralized planning, a re-emphasis on space in planning, and a discussion of the difficulty of sustainable development
- Features new case studies of planning success and failure in both the United States and the United Kingdom
- Addresses the range of core planning theory so as to remain the primary text in urban planning courses
- Examines the current state of planning theory and the new directions it has taken in recent years
- Draws on a wide range of authors who address planning history, arguments for and against planning, competing planning styles, planning ethics, the public interest, and considerations of race and gender ...show less
More prices and sellers below.