Summary: Rigorous yet practical, Real Estate Finance and Investments has been the leading real estate finance and investments text for over 25 years, consistently setting the standard for currency and coverage in real estate finance and investments textbooks. The 13th edition continues to provide students with the tools they need to understand and analyze real estate markets and the investment alternatives available to both debt and equity investors. New content and problems add ...show moreressing current trends in real estate finance and investments have been seamlessly incorporated into the text, without disrupting the material and organization instructors have relied on in past editions. Edition/Copyright: 13TH 08
- Coverage of international real estate is expanded in many ways by including non-US REITs, global diversification and international web references.
- A revised chapter on Housing as an Investment discusses investing in distressed properties, as well as issues related to housing bubbles.
- The chapter on joint ventures has been significantly updated to reflect current investment structures being used in partnerships between developers and investors.
- Because finding information on the web is an important part of any real estate investment decision, this edition includes an expanded number of Web App boxes that require finding relevant information on the internet.
- The 13th edition adds discussion of Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDOs) that have emerged in recent years.
- Other new topics introduced in the 13th edition include both residential and commercial derivatives; newer types of mortgages such as ARMs, hybrid, and ''interest only'' mortgages; and subprime and home equity loans.
- Significantly expanded discussion of leases, including methods of determining rents, expense recoveries and other important options for all major property types.
- New problems have been added throughout the end-of-chapter material.
Publisher: Vitalsource Technologies, Inc.
Year Published: 2008