Summary: This pioneering collection of non-Shakespearean Renaissance drama has now been updated to include more early material, plus Mary Sidney's The Tragedy of Antony, John Marston's The Malcontent and Ben Jonson's Masque of Queens. Edition/Copyright: 2ND 05
- Second edition of this pioneering collection of works of non-Shakespearean Renaissance drama.
- Covers the full sweep of dramatic performances, including State progresses and Co ...show moreurt masques.
- Contains material useful for courses on women playwrights or women in Renaissance drama, including Middleton's Chaste Maid in Cheapside, Webster's The Duchess of Malfi and Thomas Middleton and William Rowley's The Changeling.
- Includes plays and pageants not anthologised elsewhere, such as the coronation entries of Elizabeth I and Queen Anne, and Thomas Heywood's 'A Woman Killed with Kindness'.
- For the second edition more early material has been added, such as Noah and The Second Shepherd's Play.
- The anthology now also includes Mary Sidney's The Tragedy of Antony, John Marston's The Malcontent and Ben Jonson's The Masque of Queens.
Publisher: Blackwell Publishers
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of Renaissance Drama : An Anthology of Plays and Entertainments: