This edition has also been released as:
Summary: The book that has helped more than 80,000 students and researchers prepare their plan or proposal for a scholarly journal article, dissertation, or thesis has been revised and updated while maintaining all the features that made the first edition so popular.
New to the Second Edition:
- Because mixed methods research has come into its own since the publication of the first edition, every ch ...show moreapter now shows how to implement a mixed methods design in your proposal or plan as well as showing how to implement qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Ethical issues that may arise in quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods designs have been added to a new section in Chapter 3
- Writing tips and considerations have been expanded and moved to the first part of the book to get your research plan started in the right direction
- The latest developments in qualitative inquiry, including advocacy, participatory, and emancipatory approaches have been added to Chapter 10
- Mixed Methods Procedures (Chapter 11) show readers how to identify types of mixed methods strategy, select data collection and analysis approaches, and plan the overall structure of the study
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 2ND 03
- Writing exercises allow readers to practice the principles they learn, and if all the exercises are completed will provide a written plan for their study
- Numbered points provide a checklist for each step in the process
- Annotated passages strengthen comprehension of key research ideas
Publisher: Sage Publications, Inc.
Year Published: 2003