Summary: The ultimate guide to understanding and using SQL Edition/Copyright: 99
Gain the working knowledge of SQL and relational databases essential for today's information systems professional. Relational databases built on the SQL database language are the foundation for modern enterprise data processing and are also a force behind many of today's most important trends. SQL: The Complete Reference provides an in-depth discussion of SQL fundamentals, modern SQL products, and SQL's role in t ...show morerends such as data warehousing, "thin-client" architectures, and Internet-based e-commerce. This book is your one-stop resource for all you need to know about SQL. Together, the book and CD-ROM will help you:
- Learn the key concepts and latest developments in relational database technology
- Master the industry-standard SQL language for managing database information
- Understand the differences among all the leading brands of DBMS systems
- Create and use the sample database to run the SQL query examples in the book
- Set up and manage SQL-based databases and write programs to access them
- Understand how to use and program SQL databases with application servers and the Web to create e-commerce applications
- Find out about the proposed SQL3 standard and the key trends in object technologies, 64-bit archtectures, distributed databases, 3-tier Internet applications and more
- Get quick answers to specific SQL language questions using the comprehensive appendices
- The book provides an in-depth discussion of SQL fundamentals and features, as well as a conceptual framework and insight into relational database technology and its trends. The Bonus CD-ROM contains over $900 worth of free software from the leading SQL vendors, including Windows 95/NT versions of Microsoft SQL Server 7, Oracle8, Informix, Sybase, and IBM DB2.
Cover: Other Format
Publisher: Osborne/Mcgraw Hill, Inc.
Year Published: 1999