Summary: For either the second term of an introductory statistics course or for an advanced course in applied regression analysis for students in all disciplines, especially those in business. Edition/Copyright: 6TH 03
This very applied text focuses on building linear statistical models and developing skills for implementing regression analysis in real-life situations. It includes applications for engineering, sociology, psychology, etc., as well as traditional business applications. The au ...show morethors use material from news articles, magazines, professional journals, and actual consulting problems to illustrate real-world problems and how to solve them using the tools of regression analysis.
- NEW--More computer printouts--An SAS, SPSS, or MINITAB printout now accompanies every statistical technique presented.
- Allows the instructor to emphasize interpretations of the statistical results rather than the calculations required to obtain the results.
- NEW--Statistical software tutorials--Includes basic instructions on how to use the Windows versions of SAS, SPSS, and MINTAB in the appendix.
- Gives students step-by-step instructions and screen shots for each method presented.
- NEW--A new section in Chapter 1 on graphical and numerical methods of describing qualitative data.
- Provides students with tools for exploring categorical data.
- NEW--New material in Chapter 1 on comparing two population means using a paired difference experiment.
- Presents situations where paired design is more appropriate than independent sampling.
- NEW--Reorganization of topics--Including new placement of multiple regression models, model validation, and spline regression.
- Presents these topics to students in a more logical fashion.
- NEW--Accompanying data CD-ROM--Contains files for all data sets marked with a CD icon in the text.
- Gives students the data they need, ready for analysis.
- NEW--Updated case study chapters with accompanying data sets.
- Shows students how regression is used to answer a real-life, practical question using the latest data available.
- NEW--Updated real-data based examples and exercises.
- Shows students the relevance of the material being studied by using the latest data extracted from news articles, journal articles, magazines, and the Internet.
- NEW--50% new real-data problems.
- Gives students ample opportunity to practice the concepts learned using the most current data available.
- Explains concepts to students in a logical, intuitive manner.
- Emphasis on model building.
- Gives students an in-depth treatment of this fundamental topic throughout the text.
- Emphasis on developing skills to use regression analysis.
- Teaches students how to use regression analysis as a problem-solving tool and how to apply regression analysis to real-life situations.
Cover: Other Format
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2003
Other Editions of Second Course in Statistics : Regression Analysis / With CD-ROM: