Summary: Selling ASAP: Art, Science, Agility, and Performance offers a unique approach to professional selling. This new text focuses on the importance of viewing a sale not as a one-time encounter but as an opportunity to build a lifetime, mutually beneficial relationship with the customer. In addition to the traditional coverage of the selling process, Selling ASAP includes unique content on processes and techniques of selling. Real-world examples, testimonials from success ...show moreful sales professionals, and a focus on the latest technology available to today's salesperson round out the discussions in the text and make it perfect for today's professional selling student.Edition/Copyright: 05
- ASAP - Art, Science, Agility and Performance: Jones, Stevens, and Chonko have a unique approach at looking at the sales profession by coining the phrase Selling ASAP, or Art, Science, Agility, and Performance, the key components to what makes a successful salesperson. This book emphasizes that selling is not just a profession, it is an Art - that must be practiced and perfected, a Science - in which there is a process and steps for completing that process, it requires Agility - because a salesperson must be able to adapt to each new selling situation and customer, and it is a Performance - that must be prepared for and executed with precision.
- Knowledge Building Case: Each chapter contains 3-5 Knowledge Building Case questions that require the student to take an analytical look at the case found at the back of the book and apply chapter concepts to the issues found in that case. This is a great tool for instructors wanting their students to apply what they have learned throughout the text.
- Agility Masters: Every chapter opens with "words of wisdom" from a successful sales professional. These opening vignettes serve as a testimonial and an introduction to the to the core concepts for each chapter.
- Building Your Sales Knowledge: Chapter objectives are listed at the beginning of each chapter so that students are aware of what concepts they need to be familiar with.
- Sales Passport: These boxes integrated throughout each chapter, discuss how selling practices can differ among countries or cultures. These features reemphasize the need for the "agile" salesperson regardless of the country or culture they are in.
- Technology in Action: Included in each chapter, Technology in Action highlights innovative technology available to salespeople and how it is being used in the field to make them more productive, efficient, and successful in closing business.
- From the Field: These features include articles from various selling magazines or organizations that touch on how chapter topics apply to real-life issues in companies, giving readers insight on how concepts are utilized in the business world.
- Reviewing Your Sales Knowledge: This chapter summary re-caps key topics covered in the chapter, serving a great review tool for the reader.
- Role Play Scenarios: Every chapter contains two short role-play scenarios, designed to illustrate the key topics of the chapter and give students practice for what to expect in the field.
- Discussion Questions: Discussion questions, found at the end of each chapter, help the student review what the core concepts are in the chapter, as well as stimulate in-class discussions.
Publisher: South-Western Publishing Co.