This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Semiconductor Physics and Devices : Basic Principles, Second Edition, provides the fundamentals necessary to understand semiconductor device characteristics, operations, and limitations. Neamen's book reveals the fundamentals by establishing for the student a sound understanding of quantum mechanics and an introduction to the quantum theory of solids. This background permits the student to develop a deeper understanding of how essential physics, semiconductor ...show morematerial physics, and semiconductor device physics interrelate. Espousing neither the intuitive approach of many textbooks, nor the highly technical characteristics of handbooks, Semiconductor Physics and Devices : Basic Principles provides students with a resource that is engaging and understandable and instructors with a textbook that offers teach ability without sacrificing technical exactitude. Edition/Copyright: 2ND 97
- Thorough Coverage of Introductory Physics : More extensive coverage of physics and quantum theory than competing textbooks prepares students for a deeper, more natural understanding of devices.
- Solid Foundation in Mathematics : The book offers a clear yet comprehensive foundation in mathematics, which is an essential ingredient in the student's ability to understand the development of semiconductor device characteristics.
- Comprehensive Coverage of Transistors : Separate chapters are devoted to each of the three basic types of transistors : BiPolar, JFET, and MOSFET. Each type is introduced in the book according to the sequence in which each type was introduced to the market. However, each step is written to stand alone. This way, transistor types can be covered in any sequence, according to the instructor's interest.
- Flexible Organization : Sections within chapters that can be skipped without loss of continuity are identified within the book by an asterisk.
- Pedagogy : Each chapter includes : Preview Summary Review Extensive examples end-of-chapter problems organized according to chapter section Design and computer problems Glossary sections Selected readings
Publisher: Richard D. Irwin, Inc.
Year Published: 1997