Summary: Neamen's Semiconductor Physics and Devices, Third Edition. deals with the electrical properties and characteristics of semiconductor materials and devices. The goal of this book is to bring together quantum mechanics, the quantum theory of solids, semiconductor material physics, and semiconductor device physics in a clear and understandable way. Edition/Copyright: 3RD 03
New to This Edition :
- Each chapter ends w ...show moreith a bulleted Summary section, a Checkpoint list and Review Questions. These pedagogical tools will help students review their progress and test their understanding before moving along to the next chapter.
- Test your Understanding Exercises have been added throughout each chapter. These drill-type exercises reinforce concepts taught in preceding examples. The answers to the Check Your Understanding exercises are given so that students may check their work.
- The book website will contain the solutions manual (password protected for instructor use) and PowerPoint slides.
- Design examples and homework problems help students grasp more practical and open ended problem solving methods. These design-oreinted examples are marked with an icon.
- Extensive coverage of physics and quantum theory in chapters 2 and 3 prepares students for a deeper understanding of devices.
- Comprehensive coverage of semiconductor devices is presented from chapter 7 onward. Each chapters treats a different device family.
- A Glossary of Important terms appears at the end of each chapter.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2003
Other Editions of Semiconductor Physics and Devices: