This edition has also been released as:
Summary: In this engaging text, Arthur Kinney introduces students to Shakespeare's plays in the context of Elizabethan and Jacobean theater. Edition/Copyright: 03
- Introduces students to Shakespeare's plays in the context of Elizabethan and Jacobean theater.
- Focuses on the material conditions of playing and of playgoing.
- Covers venues, audiences, actors, society, government and regulation.
- Each topic is considered in ...show more relation to a selection of Shakespeare's plays.
- Shows students how the plays and the context in which they were produced illuminate one another.
Publisher: Blackwell Publishers
Year Published: 2003