Summary: Covering the veterinary technician's role and responsibilities in small animal surgery, Small Animal Surgical Nursing: Skills and Concepts, 2nd Edition helps you gain exceptional clinical competency. Topics include asepsis, operating room protocol, instrumentation, sterile technique, suture materials, suturing techniques, wound management, surgical assistance, and pre- and postoperative care of animals. Full-color photographs show instruments and equipment, and help you develo ...show morep skills in sterile technique, suturing techniques, and wound management. Written by noted educator Marianne Tear, this edition includes videos of procedures on a companion Evolve website and expands coverage of emerging issues and hot topics such as nutritional therapy and physical therapy. Edition/Copyright: 2ND 12
- Complete coverage of small animal surgical nursing describes the roles and responsibilities of the veterinary technician.
- A focus on exceptional clinical skills and practice tips helps you gain clinical competency in small animal surgical technique.
- Clear, full-color photographs show instruments, equipment, sterile technique, suturing techniques, and wound management.
- Performance objectives at the beginning of each chapter and key points and review questions at the end of each chapter focus and reinforce learning.
- Practical appendices make it easy to look up dosage calculations, how to quickly set IV fluid drip rates, and how to make up various solutions of medications for constant rate infusions.
- More than a dozen new illustrated procedures are added to this edition.
- More real-world examples and best practices are added.
- Common complications are described for each surgical procedure, with discussions of how to avoid or prepare for these situations.
- A consistent organization discusses each surgery in terms ...show less
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Other Editions of Small Animal Surgical Nursing: