Summary: David Myers' Social Psychology continues to set the standard by which other Social Psychology texts are judged. Its renowned author's engaging writing style and unique, intimate voice make the text compelling without being simplistic. The organization logically moves the student through the study of how people think about, influence, and relate to one another, with an appropriate balance of basic research and application. This edition features additional contemporary ...show more research, supplemented by video clips and vignettes that demonstrate social psychology's relevance. Edition/Copyright: 8TH 05
New to This Edition
- The 8th edition is significantly revised and edited. It boasts more than 500 new citations and more than 30% new photos. In addition, original figures have been created to provide visual representations of important concepts.
- "The Story Behind the Research" feature, formerly "The Story Behind a Classic Theory" offers interviews with classic researchers and has been expanded to highlight contemporary, cutting-edge researchers.
- This edition begins with a new section, "Big Ideas in Social Psychology", covering overarching themes as laid out in the book's parts.
- "Focus On" boxes have been updated to emphasize news and current events related to topics in social psychology, as well as the real life role of social psychology.
- Packaged free with the text, the Social Sense CD-ROM includes short video outtakes from interviews with researchers, which elaborate on studies detailed within the text or provide new insight into famous researchers' lives, as well as multiple-choice questions for each chapter. These clips are from The Discovery Channel Education, as well as other McGraw-Hill sources. The CD-ROM also includes multiple choice quiz questions for each chapter.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of Social Psychology - With CD: