Summary: Adopted at a wide range of schools across the country, from Eastern Kentucky University, to the University of Michigan, to Bismarck State College, to Northwestern University! Edition/Copyright: 2ND 00
- Consistently throughout the book, discussion of statistical techniques and concepts has been edited and streamlined, and the overall presentation is tighter.
- The majority of GSS94 chapter examples have been updated to G ...show moreSS96. All Census data has been updated to 1998 sources.
- Chapters 13 and 14 have been revised and combined into one chapter. The concept of critical value of t has been eliminated, as well as one sample Z-test. Assessment of the probability of obtained t-test has been introduced, and the 6 step model has been modified to a 5 step model.
- Additional end of chapter exercises have been added, on topics such as international data, criminal justice, and the elderly.
- New and revised SPSS end of chapter exercises have been modified to fit GSS96 datasets.
- Two modules or subsets have been created in the GSS96 Datasets for SPSS Exercises -- one for family/women's issues; the other for diversity/race issues.
Publisher: Pine Forge Press
Year Published: 2000