Summary: Purpose: To provide students with a basal text that will help them learn basic communicative skills in Spanish. Presents a natural, personalized, and enjoyable program of language acquisition. Teaches vocabulary through lively drawings and provides exercises of various types, many with picture cues. Features short, fun narratives that illustrate new vocabulary and structures. Rounds out lessons with illustrated conversations, personalized dialog activities, and other ...show more practice. includes five review units featuring games, puzzles, and picture stories. Features a Capsula cultural after each lesson acquainting students with the Spanish-speaking world, comprehension questions and suggestions for further research. Edition/Copyright: 3RD 00
New in the Third Edition:
- New design with icons for each section for ease of reference.
- Pronunciation sections with the basic sounds of Spanish.
- Variety of oral, written, and Total Physical Response activities.
- Grammatical information is presented inductively, guiding students into formulating their own discoveries. Each point is later summarized for students' convenience. Each explanation is followed by immediate practice.
- Practical section at the end of each lesson for students'self-assessment and practice.
- Topical vocabulary at the end of each lesson, summaries and glossaries, important new words and expressions.
- Hardbound, 2-color text,7 3/4" x 9 1/4" 480 pages
- Teacher's Edition available (R 614 T) $10.00
- Cassettes (Set of 6 Available) (N 614 C) $115.00
- ISBN: 56765-465-6
Publisher: Amsco School Publications, Inc.