This edition has also been released as:
Summary: SPORTS AND FITNESS NUTRITION is a unique offering to the sports and nutrition milieu. The text differs from its competitors with its extensive, up-to-date coverage of nutrition supplements and unique chapter devoted to specific training and nutrition applications for more than a dozen sports. It provides strong research-oriented, in-depth coverage of both nutrition and exercise physiology and does so while delivering practical, applied information useful to students ...show morewho will counsel and provide dietary and training guidelines to athletes.Edition/Copyright: 04
- "In Practice" boxes focus on sports-related training protocols and nutrition calculations, such as "How to Periodize a Strength Training Program" and "How to Glycogen Load." These are practical examples of what students may encounter in a professional setting, or use in their own lives.
- "In Focus" components discuss and provide practical information regarding applied areas associated with the chapter material. Titles include "Sport Injury and Nutrition Supplementation" and "Nutrition, Climbers and High Altitude."
- "Personal Snapshots" chapters openers proved real-life examples of nutrition issues encountered by athletes and act as cues for upcoming chapter focus.
- "Key Points" provide a brief synopsis of important chapter material and enable students to easily review central ideas and concepts from the text.
- Frequent "margin notes" reiterate important points from sections throughout the text and can be used as an easy chapter overview.
- "Study Questions" conclude each chapter and provide students with a great resource for testing their knowledge of the core chapter material.
Publisher: Wadsworth, Inc
Year Published: 2004