Summary: This comprehensive lab manual contains a wide array of experiments without sacrificing organizational clarity and includes categories on Energy, Kinetics, and Equilibrium. All experiments have undergone significant testing before being finalized, and many microscale experiments have been added to allow for more efficient and cost-effective means of conducting experiments.
New to the Edition
...show morepx;'> Features
- The Fifth Edition includes a helpful reference correlation guide that links each experiment to corresponding topics in selected Brooks/Cole general chemistry textbooks.
- Several additional labs will be available online for instructors at http://chemistry.brookscole.com.
- The Fifth Edition is accompanied by a comprehensive Laboratory Instructor's Manual, consisting of Important Reminders, Special Apparatus and Equipment, Chemicals, and Unknowns sections for each experiment. (available online at http://chemistry.brookscole.com.)
- Answers to Pre- and Post-Laboratory Assignments are available at the Brooks/Cole Chemistry Resource Center (http://chemistry.brookscole.com) , as well as in a printed format available upon request
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 5TH 04
- STANDARD AND MICROSCALE EXPERIMENTS IN GENERAL CHEMISTRY is noted for its strong emphasis on safety procedures and precision, which leads to a successful laboratory experience for students.
- Pre-Laboratory Questions help students understand the chemical principles before beginning the experiments.
- The Background feature precedes groups of experiments to help students associate theory with experiments.
- "Report Forms" allow space for observations and interpretations.
- Post-Laboratory Questions are designed to be answered during the experiment and can be removed for grading.
- The large quantity of micro-scale experiments ensures that instructors have a wide-ranging selection and allow for more efficient and cost-effective means of conducting experiments.
- The flexible organization allows for ease of use with a variety of texts and accommodates a wide variety of curricula.
Publisher: Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2004