This edition has also been released as:
Summary: The author clearly and practically describes complex mathematical ideas and methods in a way that is comprehensive to a largely non-mathematical audience. The text emphasizes experimental psychology with special attention to conceptual understanding of statistics by explaining scientific inquiry and data at an intuitive level. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 97
- Revised exercises: more exercises from publi ...show moreshed literature, some questions that require more elaborate answers, and more exercises.
- Increased computer use: less emphasis on arithmetic, more on right interpretation, extensive use of arrows in output to focus importance, encouragement of students to duplicate results, and inclusion of a data disk in the book.
- More depth on categorical data analysis: more emphasis to odds ratios and less to goodness-of-fit as a guide to interpretation.
- New section on Logistic Regression: intense introductory coverage of this important new topic.
- R2 and its competitors: the most up to date information on the best way to assess an effect.
- Multiple comparison chapter: concentration on Tukey and Bonferroni, emphasizing testing of individual contrasts, and discussion of multiple comparisons in repeated measure design.
- Students receive access to InfoTrac College Edition--a fully searchable online university library that offers full articles from more than 600 scholarly and popular publications, including such periodicals as the American Journal of Psychology. InfoTrac College Edition access is available on a password-protected Web Site that is updated daily.
Publisher: Duxbury Press
Year Published: 1997
Other Editions of Statistical Methods for Psychology / With 3.5" Disk: