Summary: The approach of Statistical Methods in Education and Psychology, Third Edition, is conceptual rather than mathematical. The authors stress the understanding, applications, and interpretation of concepts rather than derivation and proof or hand-computation. Selection of topics in the book was guided by three considerations:
(1) What are the most useful statistical methods?
(2) Which statistical methods are the most widely used in journals in the behavioral a ...show morend social sciences?
(3) Which statistical methods are fundamental to further study?
One of the most established (since 1970) and respected texts in applied statistics. Often cited in the professional literature as one of the most technically accurate texts with strong breadth and depth.
Large and diverse collection of examples, exercises and statistical tables.
Pedagogy: Diagnostic mastery tests following each chapter, Suggested Computer Activities, Case Studies, Complete answer sets at the end of each chapter.
Requires no statistics prerequisites for comprehension.
New To This Edition:
Case Method: Incorporates a unique "case method" approach in which data sets from three studies are used as studies on which to apply the procedures and concepts of each chapter. Data sets were selected to have wide appeal to the reader, regardless of major discipline. Data sets are included on the disk packaged with the book. Suggested Computer Activities are provided at the end of each chapter.
Content Updates and Changes:
1) More thorough coverage of ANOVA (analysis of variance) techniques than are usually found in applied statistics texts. Separate chapter on the use of repeated measures factors in ANOVA.
2) Trend analysis for repeated-measures factors is also included.
3) Procedures for estimating reliability and the influence of measurement error receive more attention than in previous editions.
4) Procedures for giving precise values f or the confidence interval for population proportions are now included.
5) Logistic regression is included.
6) The most useful non-parametric alternatives techniques have been added. ...show less
More prices and sellers below.