Summary: KEY MESSAGE: TheEleventh Editionof this highly-regarded introductory text emphasizes inference and sound decision-making through its extensive coverage of data collection and analysis. McClave develops statistical thinking and teaches readers to properly assess the credibility of inferences-from the vantage point of both the consumer and the producer. This edition incorporates more exercises and more visual features, such as redesigned end-of-chapter summaries and an increased use o
f applets. This text assumes a mathematical background of basic algebra. KEY TOPICS: Statistics, Data, and Statistical Thinking; Methods for Describing Sets of Data; Probability; Discrete Random Variables; Continuous Random Variables; Sampling Distributions; Inferences Based on a Single Sample: Estimation with Confidence Intervals; Inferences Based on a Single Sample: Tests of Hypothesis; Inferences Based on a Two Samples: Confidence Intervals and Tests of Hypotheses; Analysis of Variance: Comparing More Than Two Means; Simple Linear Regression; Multiple Regression and Model Building; Categorical Data Analysis; Nonparametric Statistics MARKET: For all readers interested in statistics.
Summary: KEY MESSAGE: TheEleventh Editionof this highly-regarded introductory text emphasizes inference and sound decision-making through its extensive coverage of data collection and analysis. McClave develops statistical thinking and teaches readers to properly assess the credibility of inferences-from the vantage point of both the consumer and the producer. This edition incorporates more exercises and more visual features, such as redesigned end-of-chapter summaries and an increased use of applets. This text assumes a mathematical background of basic algebra. KEY TOPICS: Statistics, Data, and Statistical Thinking; Methods for Describing Sets of Data; Probability; Discrete Random Variables; Continuous Random Variables; Sampling Distributions; Inferences Based on a Single Sample: Estimation with Confidence Intervals; Inferences Based on a Single Sample: Tests of Hypothesis; Inferences Based on a Two Samples: Confidence Intervals and Tests of Hypotheses; Analysis of Variance: Comparing More Than Two Means; Simple Linear Regression; Multiple Regression and Model Building; Categorical Data Analysis; Nonparametric Statistics MARKET: For all readers interested in statistics. ...show less
Edition/Copyright:11TH 09 Cover: Hardback Publisher:Prentice Hall, Inc. Published: 01/11/2008 International: No
View Table of Contents
1. Statistics, Data, and Statistical Thinking 1.1 The Science of Statistics 1.2 Types of Statistical Applications 1.3 Fundamental Elements of Statistics 1.4 Types of Data 1.5 Collecting Data 1.6 The Role of Statistics in Critical Thinking Statistics in Action:USA WeekendTeen Surveys - Are Boys Really from Mars and Girls from Venus? Using Technology: Creating and Listing Data in MINITAB
2. Methods for Describing Sets of Data 2.1 Describing Qualitative Data 2.2 Graphical Methods for Describing Quantitative Data 2.3 Summation Notation 2.4 Numerical Measures of Central Tendency 2.5 Numerical Measures of Variability 2.6 Interpreting the Standard Deviation 2.7 Numerical Measures of Relative Standing 2.8 Methods for Detecting Outliers (Optional) 2.9 Graphing Bivariate Relationships (Optional) 2.10 Distorting the Truth with Descriptive Techniques Statistics In Action: The "Eye Cue" Test: Does Experience Improve Performance? Using Technology: Describing Data in MINITAB
3. Probability 3.1 Events, Sample Spaces, and Probability 3.2 Unions and Intersections 3.3 Complementary Events 3.4 The Additive Rule and Mutually Exclusive Events 3.5 Conditional Probability 3.6 The Multiplicative Rule and Independent Events 3.7 Random Sampling 3.8 Some Counting Rules (Optional) 3.9 Bayesrsquo; Rule (Optional) Statistics In Action: Lotto Buster! - Can You Improve Your Chances of Winning the Lottery? Using Technology: Generating a Random Sample in MINITAB
4. Discrete Random Variables 4.1 Two Types of Random Variables 4.2 Probability Distributions for Discrete Random Variables 4.3 Expected Values of Discrete Random Variables 4.4 The Binomial Random Variable 4.5 The Poisson Random Variable (Optional) 4.6 The Hypergeometric Random Variable (Optional) Statistics in Action: Probability in a Reverse Cocaine Sting - Was Cocaine Really Sold? Using Technology: Binomial, Poisson, and Hypergeometric Probabilities in MINITAB
5. Continuous Random Variables 5.1 Continuous Probability Distributions 5.2 The Uniform Distribution 5.3 The Normal Distribution 5.4 Descriptive Methods for Assessing Normality 5.5 Approximating a Binomial Distribution with a Normal Distribution (Optional) 5.6 The Exponential Distribution (Optional) Statistics in Action: Super Weapons Development - Is the Hit Ratio Optimized? Using Technology: Normal Probability Plots in MINITAB
Barnes & Noble.com Various Shipping Locations, USA
Brand new, ships from the closest shipping location to your shipping address!
$1.99 +$3.99 s/h
University Book Source, Ltd. IL Rochelle, IL
2007 HARDCOVER 11 Very good. ITE.
$5.80 +$3.99 s/h
One Planet Books Columbia, MO
Ships same day or next business day! UPS expedited shipping available (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes). Used sticker & some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access...show more code or dust jacket ...show less
$5.99 +$3.99 s/h
Solr Books Skokie, IL
Annotated Instructor's Edition - Same content as Student Edition
$7.99 +$3.99 s/h
HPB-Maplewood Maplewood, MN
2007 Hardcover Good Connecting readers with great books since 1972. Used books may not include companion materials, some shelf wear, may contain highlighting/notes, and may not include cd-rom or ac...show morecess codes. Customer service is our top priority! ...show less
$8.57 +$3.99 s/h
GreatBookPrices Batavia, IL
Used, Acceptable Condition, may show signs of wear and previous use. Please allow 4-14 business days for delivery. 100% Money Back Guarantee, Over 1,000,000 customers served.
$19.95 +$3.99 s/h
omgtextbooks Pueblo West, CO
Upper Saddle River, NJ 2007 Other 11th ed. Good.
$26.99 +$3.99 s/h
SUPER BOOKS Fort Mill, SC
Buy with Confidence. Excellent Customer Support. We ship from multiple US locations. No CD, DVD or Access Code Included.
$30.00 +$3.99 s/h
text book recycle ny malone, NY
2007-12-28 Hardcover 11th Good We ship everyday and offer PRIORITY SHIPPING.
$49.52 +$3.99 s/h
Cheryls-Books Vinemont, AL
2007-12-28 Hardcover 11th Good Hardback book in good condition, but missing dust jacket if issued one. Light wear. Still has CDs. Does have a few faint spots on last couple of pages.
$54.17 +$3.99 s/h
rsissel Sioux Falls, SD
0132069512 Shipped by courier. Most orders arrive in North America & Western Europe in a week. Need access code or CD? Double check ISBN. Publishers offer the same books with and without extras depend...show moreing on the ISBN. Any questions, please contact me. Thanks -Rod ...show less
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.