Summary: Newbold cultivates an understanding of statistical principles and practices, making clear the rationale behind each technique as it is performed. Students discover both how and why particular methods of data analysis are appropriate in specific situations, making them better consumers and managers. Features
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 4TH 95
- Uses a wealth of numerical examples to provide realistic ...show moreillustrations of circumstances in which particular methods are useful.
- Includes a number of exercises on each topic to shape students understanding of the material and provide valuable hands-on experience.
- Channels principles through real or realistic examples and exercises drawn from the following business areas:
- Industrial organization
- Organizational behavior
- Business ethics
- Incorporates additional material, mainly in statistical quality control, and many examples of particular statistical methods in action.
- Maintains and enhances the text's care and clarity in explanations, limitation of mathematics to only basic algebra, cohesion of principle, practice and purpose, and large number of examples and exercises involving real business and economic data.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 1995
Other Editions of Statistics for Business and Economics: