How the book will help you in the course:
- Wyrick offers clear guidelines for developing the kinds of essays that are frequently assigned in composition and college courses.
- Throughout the text, Wyrick illustrates topics under discussion with student and professional samples, giving students clear models that expand their understanding of rhetorical and stylistic choices. In this edition, Wyrick has added new models, bringing the total to 17 student and 20 professional samples.
- Skill-building exercises and writing assignments--many new to this edition--give students repeated opportunities to practice, apply, and review what they have learned. "Practicing What You've Learned" and "Applying What You've Learned to Your Writing" sections help students stay on track as they draft and revise their essays.
- Chapter 18 is entirely devoted to thinking analytically and writing about film.
- With such a straightforward approach, STEPS TO WRITING WELL makes it easy for instructors of all experience levels and backgrounds to deliver a standard quality of instruction.