Summary: Steps to Writing Well is for teachers of composition who have had trouble finding a textbooks that students can easily understand. Written in an informal style addressed to the student, this textbook offers a step-by-step guide to writing a variety of 500 - 800 word essays. The combination of concise, practical advice, a number of student and professional samples, and a brief handbook provides helpful information for students enrolled in a composition course without ...show moreintimidating them with vast amounts of material.Edition/Copyright: 8TH 02
- Clear instructions in each chapter.
- NEW! New numbered navigational system for easy reference, plus a guide for grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- NEW! New reading selections and exercises.
- NEW! New workbook, including activities and exercises to accompany every chapter.
- Student and professional essays used as models.
- Meaningful excercises to practice and apply the material in the text.
- NEW! Expanded discussion of using a computer for drafting and revising.
- NEW! New section on writing a summary.
- NEW! New pair of professional essays with opposing views.
- NEW! New discussions of electronic sources, including advice and warnings for Internet users.
- NEW! New section on summary and response, including a sample.
- NEW! New chapter on business writing, including the business letter, the memo, e-mail, and the resume.
Publisher: Harcourt Brace or Harcourt Press
Year Published: 2002
Other Editions of Steps to Writing Well: