Summary: The informal, student-friendly tone of this rhetorically-organized rhetoric/reader/handbooks provides step-by-step instructions on writing a variety of short, 500-800-word essays. This is a text that both students and instructors can use easily.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 6TH 05
- NEW! A new four color design makes this book even easier for instructors to teach from and easier for students to learn from.
- N ...show moreEW! 20 new readings include selections by Andrew Merton, Gretel Ehrlich, and Garrison Keillor, among others.
- Praised by users, the precise and clear instruction in each chapter facilitates student learning.
- Meaningful exercises and writing assignments throughout the text help students practice what they have learned. Covers the kinds of essays that are frequently assigned in the beginning writing classroom.
- 18 student and 55 professional samples provide models of good writing.
- A brief handbook shows students how to correct the most common errors in grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Available with or without readings, the text gives instructors flexibility in structuring the class and can easily accommodate all teaching styles.
- NEW! Four color art has been added, including the use of visuals as writing prompts.
- NEW! A new Chapter 32, "Writers and Language," contains essays that exemplify this type of writing.
- NEW! A new section on analogy has been added to the discussion of comparison and contrast in Chapter 9. "Exposition."
- NEW! Information on interviewing appears in Chapter 14, "Writing a Paper Using Research."
- NEW! A new section in Chapter 8, "The Reading-Writing Connection" gives advice on getting the most from class discussions.
- NEW! A new Chapter 17, "Writing About Film," gives students instruction on how to review and write about movies.
- NEW! Includes the latest MLA documentation style updates.
- NEW! 50 percent of the exercises in the handbook portion are new.
Publisher: Wadsworth, Inc
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of Steps to Writing Well With Additional Readings - With CD: