Summary: The informal, student-friendly tone of these rhetorically-organized rhetoric/reader/handbooks provides step-by-step instructions on writing a variety of 500-800-word essays.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 5TH 02
- NEW! Chapter 5, ?Drafting and Revising? contains an expanded discussion of using a computer and now offers students a system for revising drafts in stages.
- Precise and clear instruction in each chapter faci ...show morelitates student learning.
- Meaningful exercises and writing assignments throughout the text help students practice what they have learned.
- Fifteen student and fourteen professional samples provide models of good writing.
- A brief handbook shows students how to correct the most common errors in grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Steps to writing Well with Additional Readings provides 33 extra readings, making it unnecessary for students to purchase an additional reader.
- NEW! Chapter 8, ?The Reading-Writing Connection? provides students with advice on how to write a summary.
- NEW! A new pair of professional essays with opposing views in Chapter 10, ?Argumentation?, helps students analyze rhetorical appeals and supporting evidence.
- NEW! Coverage of electronic sources, including advice and warnings for Internet users has been included in Chapter 14, ?Writing Paper Using Research.?
- NEW! A new section on summary and response, including a sample paper, has been added to Chapter 16, ?Writing in Class?.
- NEW! An entirely new Chapter 17, ?Writing in the World of Work? allows students to practice composing business letters, office memos, e-mail, and résumés.
- NEW! Part Four, ? A Concise Handbook,? has a new numbered navigational system, making it easier to quickly access information.
- NEW! A new workbook contains activities and exercises for every chapter of the main text, providing students with an additional way to help them improve their writing skills.
- Available with or without Readings, the text gives instructors flexibility in structuring the class and can easily accommodate all teaching styles.
Publisher: Heinle & Heinle Publishers, Inc.
Year Published: 2002
Other Editions of Steps to Writing Well with Additional Readings: