- Tasks require oral or written communication: summarizing, paraphrasing, synthesizing sources, compiling and communicating research, contributing to class discussions, presenting formal speeches.
- Multidisciplinary reading selections from physiology, psychology, and sociology prepare students for college reading.
- Instructors can substitute alternative content to suit particular needs of students.
- "Take Inventory" section promotes self-awareness of prior knowledge and skills, and potential areas for improvement.
- Lectures available on audiotape.
Publisher: Heinle & Heinle Publishers, Inc.
Year Published: 1995