Summary: From the first steps of student teaching to the first teaching position, the Second Edition of Strategies for Successful Student Teaching provides a comprehensive resource and guide for pre-service teachers beginning their student teaching or practicum experience. Edition/Copyright: 2ND 04
This text moves pre-service teachers through their practicum experiences sequentially, beginning with the question, "Why do you want to be a teacher?" It then progresses to the creation ...show more of an interview portfolio, tips for the job search, and strategies for lifelong learning in a teaching career. The book features practical activities that build on theory taught in methods courses and can be used in the field with college supervisors to strengthen the link between theory and practice.
New To This Edition
- PLAN--Featured at the beginning of the chapters, an interactive "planning" format provides advice from student teachers, key questions, tips for taking care of yourself, and a planning format.
- CONNECT--Following the PLAN in each chapter, this section "connects" student teachers to people they should meet, readings & resources they shouldn't miss, updated technology websites, and ways to connect computers to teaching.
- ACT--Processes throughout the chapter put student teachers into "action" by providing activities that offer practical strategies related to key pedagogical topics.
- REFLECT--At the end of the chapters, student teachers have three ways to review the key questions posed in the PLAN by using inquiry and teacher research, self-reflection, and feedback from the university supervisor.
- "Discussing Professional Standards: Quality Conversations to Enhance Student Learning," located at the beginning of every chapter, uses Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (INTASC) and provides students with the opportunity to review the standards and see how they are implemented in practice.
- A PLAN section at the beginning of each chapter, revised from its formerly passive lesson plan format, includes key areas to actively engage readers and invite them to participate in creating a plan to read the chapter.
- INTASC Portfolio preparation, now consolidated in Chapter 10, makes it easier for students to find information about creating interview portfolios.
- REFLECT feature at the end of each chapter, which revisits key questions of the chapter, has been updated to include Inquiry, Self-Reflection, and Critique.
- Expanded information in Chapter 7 on special education and diverse learners, differentiated instruction, multiple intelligences, and brain-based learning processes.
- Additional information on Standards and Outcomes of student learning throughout the book.
- More secondary education examples have been included.
- Revised numbering of the ACT Processes makes items easier to find.
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Other Editions of Strategies For Successful Student Teaching : Comprehensive Guide: