on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: Virtually all cases are new or revised from the previous edition keeping this as one of the best case selections available.
Chapter 1 on What is Strategy", has been extensively updated
Part 5, "Executing Strategy" has been streamlined and is now covered in 2 chapters instead of 3
New illustration capsules and examples permeate this edition keeping it current for your course.
Strategy: Winning in the Marketplace: Core Concepts, Analytical Tools, Cases
Thompson, Gamble, and Strickland
Part I Introduction and Overview
Chapter 1, What is strategy and why is it important?
Part II Core Concepts and Analytical Tools
Chapter 2, Analyzing a company's external environment
Chapter 3, Analyzing a company's resources and competitive position
Part III Crafting the Strategy
Chapter 4, Crafting a strategy: The quest for competitive advantage
Chapter 5, Competing in foreign markets
Chapter 6, Diversification: Strategies for managing a group of businesses
Chapter 7, Strategy, ethics, and social responsibility
Part IV Executing the Strategy
Chapter 8, Executing the strategy: Building a capable organization and instilling a culture
Chapter 9, Managing internal operations in ways that promote good strategy execution
Part V Cases in Crafting and Executing Strategy
Section A: Crafting Strategy in Single-Business Companies
1. Whole Foods Market in 2005
2. Starbucks in 2004: Driving for Global Dominance
3. Netflix in 2004: What Strategic Moves to Make Next?
4. From KaZaA to Skype.
5. Competition in MP3 Players
6. Competition in the Bottled Water Industry in 2004
7. Dell, Inc. in 2005
9. KFC and the Global Fast Food Industry
10. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts in 2005: Are the Glory Days Over?
11. Atkins Nutritionals: A Market Driven Business Model
12. Kodak at the Crossroads: The Transition from Film-Based to Digital Technology
13. Adam Aircraft
14. Creating Customer Value at Rocky Mountain Fiberboard
15. Electronic Arts and the Global Video Game Industry
17. Google's Strategy--The Quest for a Technology-Based Competitive Advantage
18. Vincor and the New World of Wine
19. Coca-Cola's Marketing Challenges in Brazil: The Tubaínas War
20. Harley Davidson
21. Globalizing Volkswagen: Creating Excellence on All Fronts
Section B: Crafting Strategy in Diversified Companies
23. News Corp in 2004: The DirecTV Acquisition and Beyond
Section C: Cases in Executing Strategy
24. Robin Hood
25. Dilemma at Devil's Den
26. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.--A New Set of Challenges
27. Michelin China
28. Singapore Airlines 2004--Managing Organizational Change in a Turbulent Environment
29. Best Buy: Staying at the Top
30. Deloitte & Touche: Integrating
Section D: Strategy, Ethics, and Social Responsibility
31. Smithfield Foods: When Growing the Business Damages the Environment
32. Merck and the Vioxx Fallout
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.