Summary: Engaging and direct, Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace is the guidebook for anyone who wants to write well.Edition/Copyright: 9TH 07
Williams' own clear, accessible style models the kind of writing that audiences--both in college and after--will admire. The principles offered here help writers understand what readers expect and encourage writers to revise to meet those expectations more effectively. This book is all you need to understand the principles of effective writing.
- Clear, accessible prose provides model for good writing in any context.
- ''Here's the Point'' summaries provide quick and easy reviews of important material.
- Exercises throughout encourage readers to work and learn with others.
- Part Five offers timely and unique guidance on the ethics of prose writing, focusing on the need to be clear and straight-forward and not to mislead readers through obscure or opaque writing.
- A wealth of epigrams provide witty support for the lessons themselves.
Publisher: Longman, Inc.
Year Published: 2007