SUMMIT is a multimedia learning tool for the beginning algebra course. SUMMIT can be used independently or as a supplement to a textbook or classroom lecture, helping remedial or returning students develop a conceptual understanding of introductory algebra topics and the necessary mechanical skills needed to solve problems.
- Abundant video clips, motivating exploration exercises, real-world examples, full pedagogical content, images, and animation.
- Can be used with any of Addison Wesley Longman's beginning algebra, introductory algebra, or elementary algebra texts.
- Divided into nine chapters, which are, in turn, broken down into sections that follow the format of a traditional textbook. Each section contains five modules which teach, give context, provide practical problems for, and review each topic.
- Each chapter also contains a quiz which can be used to track students' progress throughout the course.
- Has a separate assessment component entitled SUMMIT TestGen. This test generating component is a networkable CD-ROM which can be used to generate and administer tests, and assess and track student progress with SUMMIT.
- Additional Student Workbook allows students to practice solving problems for all of the topics covered in SUMMIT. Student Workbook can be used for homework assignments and as a tool to track student progress.
- System Requirements: Windows 3.1 or higher, 486/33 MHz or higher, 16 MB RAM, SVGA monitor, 256 colors, double-speed CD-ROM. Macintosh system 7.0 or higher, 68030/25 MHz or higher, 16 MB RAM, 13" monitor, 256 colors, double-speed CD-ROM.