This edition has also been released as:
Summary: SUPERVISION: CONCEPTS & PRACTICES OF MANAGEMENT, 10e presents a study of traditional management principles, theories and practices along with skill-building applications that prepare students to understand the role and responsibilities of a supervisor. The new edition expands coverage of hot topics like crisis management, exporting of America's jobs, protected class issues and ethics; and introduces new discussions of appreciative inquiry, quality issues in the mark ...show moreetplace, and improved communication. The new, highly-effective cases incorporate role-playing components to maximize in-class participation and retention.Edition/Copyright: 10TH 07
- NEW! Role playing features in cases supply excellent opportunities for in-class participation and will further reinforce learning from the already highly-effective cases.
- NEW! "You Make the Call" Opening Cases draws students into a problem situation and asks them to decide what to do.
- NEW! "What Call Did you Make?" resolves the case issues at the end of each chapter; students can apply chapter concepts to each chapter opening problem and see if their solution was the right one and learn about other solutions.
- NEW! "Contemporary Issues" feature current organizational and supervisory concepts such as "Emotional intelligence and Maturity," Employee Attitudes", "Risk in the Workplace", and "Poor Bosses".
- You Make the Call: this popular chapter-opening vignette presents a current issue facing supervisors for students to address. "What Call Did You Make?" discusses the issue further and offers suggestions for action.
- Integrated Learning System: the Integrated Learning System organizes the text and supplements around central learning objectives, making course preparation and study time more efficient.
- Skills Applications: two all-new skills application in each chapter for students to apply what they've learned.
- Contemporary Issues: this boxed feature applies chapter content to recent supervisory issues affecting real companies.
- Supervisory Tips provide students with practical information they can take with them to the current or future jobs.
Publisher: South-Western Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2007