Summary: Part of The Winning Edge Series this text offers a complete introduction to swimming with beginning and intermediate skills explanations. Offering an introduction of the facilities, equipment, the fitness aspect, skills techniques and conditioning tips, this book moves on to detail work out schedules. Individual chapters detail the dynamics of the basic skills for a beginning swimmer (i.e. treading water, water entries) to the freestyle, backstroke, butterfly, and br ...show moreeaststroke. A workout assessment log is included in the back of the book. Edition/Copyright: 99
- Introductory chapters orients the beginner to swimming providing an overview of the history of the sport, selecting equipment, getting started, safety issues and basic rules of play so they have all they need to know to become fit.
- As an Olympic gold medal swimmer, Jager knows the most intricate details of each stroke and includes beginning strokes like the sidestroke and elementary stroke, to the basic techniques of the freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly.
- Professional photos of Jager and other swimmers illustrate proper form and technique and serve as an excellent tool for self-evaluation and guide for improvement.
- A bulleted list of objectives and closing summary which outlines and reinforces major points covered and includes bolded key terms that are defined in the text for provides for easy access and review of essential information in every chapter.
- Performance Tip boxes outline safety minded concepts, drills, applications, and procedures and give the reader a quick review of important information and helps to enhance results.
- Includes workout schedules for different skill levels (from novice, intermediate, to advanced) enabling students to utilize the workout assessments to improve their fitness levels.
Publisher: W.C.Brown Pub.Co.