Summary: Why is TABER'S 20th Edition the ONLY CHOICE for your students? Because for more than 65 years, Taber's has provided students and practitioners with the definitions and information they need to provide superior care for their patients. We recruit top educators and practitioners from virtually every health profession to make sure the information is relevant and accurate. This is just one more way we make certain that Taber's provides your students with the best, most u ...show morep-to-date reference.Edition/Copyright: 20TH 05
New and revised terms in Taber's 20th Edition give your students the answers at their fingertips, such as: Cephalostat, Andropause, Film speed, Pulmonary interstitial emphysema, Magnetic resonance angiography, and more...
- 56,000 definitions -- with 2,400 brand new to the 20th edition -- almost 50% more than our nearest competitor
- More than 6,000 revised terms
- 700 superior illustrations -- with more than 500 in full color
- 100 more Patient Care sections: NEW!
- Cautions statements added to almost 350 terms -- bold and in a second color
- New and revised appendices, including Nutrition, Complementary Medicine, and Appendix 13, which explains the roles of the Health Professions health care team members: NEW!
- Improved placement of multi-word entries (for example, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease and Irritable bowel syndrome are now listed in natural word order): NEW!
- Almost 30,000 pronunciations of new and current terms
- More colorful interior design: NEW!
- Easier to understand definitions: NEW!
Complementary and alternative medicine definitions keep your students at the forefront of care:
Patient Care Statements offer clinically pertinent information on such conditions as:
- Stress management
- Flaxseed oil
New and revised illustrations and tables complement the text and strengthen students' understanding of the terms:
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Myasthenia gravis
- Cheyne-Stokes respiration
- Prostate cancer
- Paranasal sinus
- Important Considerations in Palliative Care
Publisher: F. A. Davis Co.
Year Published: 2005