Summary: This clear and concise textiles book focuses on comprehension of the interrelationship between the components of textiles to help students understand and predict textile properties and performance. Intended for undergraduate programs of colleges and universities that focus on fashion merchandising, fashion design, and interior design, Textiles: Concepts and Principlesprovides a thorough approach to the fundamentals of textil ...show morees.
New to this Edition:
- New chapter "Textiles and the Environment" covers environmental issues, disposal and recycling and social responsibility throughout the entire life cycle of textiles
- Covers current issues related to the impact of the environment and globalisation on the textiles industry throughout the text
- Discusses technologically innovative fibers and their applications in design for design industries-fashion interiors, industrial
- Case studies of industry products and procedures to introduce the real world of textiles to education
- Information in easy to read format defines the role of textiles within specific industries
- Defines how standards of construction, maintenance, and performance apply to textiles
- Explains the importance of labeling
- Provides tools to evaluate the effect of fabric construction to the performance of a product
- At a Glance features to provide quick access to key information
- A Lab Workbook with assignments for each chapter can be conducted individually, pursued in teams, or developed in class settings
- Instructor's Guide includes sample syllabi for 15-, 12-, and 8-week courses; sources for teaching materials, answers to end-of-chater review questions, and sample tests for each chapter ...show less
24 more offers below.