This edition has also been released as:
Summary: THIS IS PR: THE REALITIES OF PUBLIC RELATIONS provides information and guidance that will be useful to the experienced public relations practitioner as well as to the beginning student. Students are introduced to the world of public relations through a strong emphasis on the fundamentals, such as history and research, as well as emerging issues, such as technology, ethics, and the international aspects of public relations. With numerous examples, strategies, tactics ...show moreand case studies, students are sure to be engaged and prepared!Edition/Copyright: 9TH 07
New to the Edition
- Updated trends coverage included: discussion of increasing career opportunities in various specializations such as healthcare and technology.
- Updated coverage on the ways in which new technologies are changing PR practices including blogging; electronic sources etc..
- Updated crises, cases, and examples.
- More information on research due to greater emphasis in the field.
- Expanded coverage on testing messages in Chapter 5.
- Expanded Coverage of PR management in Chapter 9.
- Chapter 14 fully updated to include more coverage on "public discourse."
- Thorough introduction to the PR industry, including broad coverage of public relations trends.
- Relevant and current examples of PR specifics help illustrate concepts and put them into action.
- Strong coverage of publics as opposed to "audience" encourages students to think critically about public relations.
- Integrated pedagogy highlights key themes and keeps students engaged in the content. Look for features, such as "PR in Practice," "Global Perspective," "Ethical Perspective," and "Theory and Research Perspective." Learning objectives appear at the beginning of each chapter, and discussion questions and suggested Web sites are included at the ends of chapters.
- Thorough coverage of research covers planning and monitoring and evaluating.
- Comprehensive discussion of theory with strategies, tips and tactics.
- The book's "PR in Action" focus provides students with a total view of public relations practice and how to apply that practice.
- A dynamic text-specific Web site includes videotaped interviews with leading PR professionals, case studies that place book content into action, practice cases, and numerous interactive activities designed to engage and excite students.
Publisher: Wadsworth, Inc
Other Editions of This Is PR: