Summary: ''Thomas' Calculus Part Two Media Upgrade Eleventh Edition '' responds to the needs of today's readers by developing their conceptual understanding while strengthening their skills in algebra and trigonometry two areas of knowledge vital to the mastery of calculus. This book offers a full range of exercises a precise and conceptual presentation and a new media package designed specifically to meet the needs of today's readers. The exercises gradually increase in difficulty helping re
aders learn to generalize and apply the concepts. The refined table of contents introduces the exponential logarithmic and trigonometric functions in Chapter 7 of the text. Infinite Sequences and Series Vectors and the Geometry of Space Vector-Valued Functions and Motion in Space Partial Derivatives Multiple Integrals Integration in Vector Fields. For all readers interested in Calculus.
Summary: ''Thomas' Calculus Part Two Media Upgrade Eleventh Edition '' responds to the needs of today's readers by developing their conceptual understanding while strengthening their skills in algebra and trigonometry two areas of knowledge vital to the mastery of calculus. This book offers a full range of exercises a precise and conceptual presentation and a new media package designed specifically to meet the needs of today's readers. The exercises gradually increase in difficulty helping readers learn to generalize and apply the concepts. The refined table of contents introduces the exponential logarithmic and trigonometric functions in Chapter 7 of the text. Infinite Sequences and Series Vectors and the Geometry of Space Vector-Valued Functions and Motion in Space Partial Derivatives Multiple Integrals Integration in Vector Fields. For all readers interested in Calculus. ...show less
Edition/Copyright:11TH 08 Cover: Paperback Publisher:Addison-Wesley Longman, Inc. Year Published: 2008 International: No
View Table of Contents
(Practice Exercises Additional Exercises and Questions to Guide Your Review appear at the end of each chapter.)
11. Infinite Sequences and Series Sequences Infinite Series The Integral Test Comparison Tests The Ratio and Root Tests Alternating Series Absolute and Conditional Convergence Power Series Taylor and Maclaurin Series Convergence of Taylor Series; Error Estimates Applications of Power Series Fourier Series
12. Vectors and the Geometry of Space Three-Dimensional Coordinate Systems Vectors The Dot Product The Cross Product Lines and Planes in Space Cylinders and Quadric Surfaces
13. Vector-Valued Functions and Motion in Space Vector Functions Modeling Projectile Motion Arc Length and the Unit Tangent Vector T Curvature and the Unit Normal Vector N Torsion and the Unit Binormal Vector B Planetary Motion and Satellites
14. Partial Derivatives Functions of Several Variables Limits and Continuity in Higher Dimensions Partial Derivatives The Chain Rule Directional Derivatives and Gradient Vectors Tangent Planes and Differentials Extreme Values and Saddle Points Lagrange Multipliers *Partial Derivatives with Constrained Variables Taylor's Formula for Two Variables
15. Multiple Integrals Double Integrals Areas Moments and Centers of Mass* Double Integrals in Polar Form Triple Integrals in Rectangular Coordinates Masses and Moments in Three Dimensions Triple Integrals in Cylindrical and Spherical Coordinates Substitutions in Multiple Integrals
16. Integration in Vector Fields Line Integrals Vector Fields Work Circulation and Flux Path Independence Potential Functions and Conservative Fields Green's Theorem in the Plane Surface Area and Surface Integrals Parametrized Surfaces Stokes'Theorem The Divergence Theorem and a Unified Theory Appendices Mathematical Induction Proofs of Limit Theorems Commonly Occurring Limits Theory of the Real Numbers Complex Numbers The Distributive Law for Vector Cross Products Determinants and Cramer's Rule
Other Editions of Thomas' Calculus, Part Two - Media Upgrade:
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.