Summary: Presents a comprehensive, step-by-step approach to developing training programs organized around the Needs-Centered model of training. Edition/Copyright: 04
Training and Development provides students and future trainers with practical "how-to" strategies for training and for designing training programs. Rooted in contemporary instructional communication research, the book suggests that every aspect of developing a training program should be based upon trainee needs. ...show moreR>
- Features the Needs-Centered model of training, which gives students a practical overview of the skill steps needed to design and present training programs.
- Includes application and discussion questions at the end of each chapter, giving students the opportunity to put principles and skills to the test.
- Provides students with in-text examples of needs assessment questionnaires, task analysis, training plans, and other tools that they can use as models when planning their own training programs.
- Integrates the most recent research on instructional communication with how-to strategies for dealing with problem trainees, assessing training, and developing training plans.
- Contains review boxes, a glossary, chapter objectives, chapter summaries, discussion questions, and application questions to help students remember and apply key principles and skills.
- Helps students absorb training principles by modeling the text on the principles it teaches.
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Year Published: 2004