Summary: As the best-seller in its field, Trigonometry, 5/e, offers both instructors and students a more solid, comprehensive, and flexible program than ever before. Designed for the one- or two-term precalculus course, the text introduces trigonometry first with a unit circle approach and then with the right triangle. The text's unparalleled exercises, motivating real-life applications, cutting-edge design, and innovative ancillaries and technology resources make it the most ...show more complete program available. Edition/Copyright: 5TH 01
- New! Interactive Trigonometry 2.0 CD-ROM provides detailed solutions to every odd exercise in the text, self-assessment testing, a built-in Meridian Graphing Calculator Emulator, animations, video clips, simulations and editable graphs, and the entire contents of the text. For those who prefer a web-based program, Internet Trigonometry 1.0 is an interactive text-specific subscription web site offering all of the above features plus opportunities for interaction online with peers and instructors.
- New! Four new student success tools designed to help students approach the material with confidence include a chapter-opening guide, How to study this chapter; section-opening objectives and real-life applications, What you should learn and Why you should learn it; and chapter summaries, What did you learn?
- New! Each exercise set now concludes with Synthesis Exercises, promoting further exploration, critical thinking, and writing; and ReviewExercises.
- Abundant current, real-life applications are integrated throughout the examples and exercises and indicated by a globe icon.
- The wide variety of computational, conceptual, and applied problems are graded in difficulty.
- Special Algebra of Calculus exercises help prepare students for the future study of calculus.
- Exploration sections introduce select topics to engage students in active discovery of mathematical concepts and relationships, often using the power of technology.
- Carefully chosen examples contain step-by-step solutions and side-by-side explanations that lead students through mathematical concepts.
- Additional learning tools are placed throughout the text to create a rich learning environment: Study Tips, Historical Notes, Writing about Mathematics, Chapter projects, Chapter Review Exercises, Chapter Tests, Cumulative Tests, and an extensive art program.
- Optional use of graphing technology is integrated throughout the text.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Year Published: 2001