Summary: Designed to help students overcome their apprehension about statistics, Understanding Basic Statistics, 4/e is a thorough, accessible text that demonstrates the applicability of statistics in the real world. Student-friendly highlights of the Fourth Edition include solutions and key steps to odd-numbered problems, highlighted definitions, Expand Your Knowledge and Cumulative Review Problems, and a complete technology package with additional learning opportunities and ...show more skills-reinforcement exercises. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 07
- Coverage of regression appears early in this edition.
- Procedures provide a brief summary of the statistical methods introduced in each chapter section. Examples and Guided Exercises demonstrate each Procedure.
- Cumulative Review Problems appear at the end of Chapters 3, 6, 9, and 11 and integrate concepts introduced in the previous three chapters.
- Guided Exercises immediately follow selected examples and provide an opportunity for students to explore new concepts. Worked-out solutions next to each exercise give students immediate reinforcement.
- Focus Points! at the beginning of each section introduce the topics to be covered.
- Data Highlights: Group Projects at the end of each chapter simulate real-world working situations. Together students discuss topics, analyze data, and formulate a group response to questions posed in the exercise.
- Linking Concepts: Writing Projects challenge students to craft an essay response to questions that apply statistical concepts to real-life situations.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of Understanding Basic Statistics - With Eduspace: