1. Introduction to Empirical Research 2. Experimental vs. Nonexperimental Studies 3. Experimental vs. Causal-Comparative Studies 4. Types of Nonexperimental Research 5. Variables in Nonexperimental Studies 6. Variables in Experimental Studies 7. Research Hypotheses, Purposes, and Questions 8. Operational Definitions of Variables 9. Quantitative vs. Qualitative Research: I 10. Quantitative vs. Qualitative Research: II 11. Program Evaluation 12. Ethical Considerations in Research 13. The Role of Theory in Research
Part B Reviewing Literature
14. Reasons for Reviewing Literature 15. Locating Literature Electronically 16. Writing Literature Reviews
Part C Sampling
17. Biased and Unbiased Sampling 18. Simple Random and Systematic Sampling 19. Stratified Random Sampling 20. Other Methods of Sampling 21. Introduction to Sample Size 22. A Closer Look at Sample Size
Part D Measurement
23. Introduction to Validity 24. Judgmental Validity 25. Empirical Validity 26. Judgmental-Empirical Validity 27. Reliability and Its Relationship to Validity 28. Measures of Reliability 29. Norm- and Criterion-Referenced Tests 30. Measures of Optimum Performance 31. Measures of Typical Performance
Part E Experimental Design
32. True Experimental Designs 33. Threats to Internal Validity 34. Threats to External Validity 35. Pre-Experimental Designs 36. Quasi-Experimental Designs
Part F Understanding Statistics
37. Descriptive and Inferential Statistics 38. Introduction to the Null Hypothesis 39. Scales of Measurement 40. Descriptions of Nominal Data 41. Introduction to the Chi Square Test 42. A Closer Look at the Chi Square Test 43. Shapes of Distributions 44. The Mean, Median, and Mode 45. The Mean and Standard Deviation 46. The Median and Interquartile Range 47. The Pearson Correlation Coefficient 48. The t Test 49. One-Way Analysis of Variance 50. Two-Way Analysis of Variance 51. Practical Significance of Results 52. Introduction to Effect Size
A. The Validity Structure of Qualitative Research B. Excerpt from a Literature Review C. Indices to Journal Articles D. Selected Sources of Statistical Information E. Other Methods of Determining Reliability F. A Closer Look at the Standard Deviation G. Introduction to Meta-Analysis
List Price: $22.95
Used Currently Sold Out
New Currently Sold Out
Due back 12/19/2014
Save $12.96 (56%)
Free return shipping
21-day satisfaction guarantee
CDs or access codes may not be included
Marketplace sellers starting at $1.99
19 more offers below.
Additional Sellers for Understanding Research Methods : An Overview of the Essentials
Just for you, we curate a growing list of independent booksellers, giving you even MORE choices when shopping for your textbooks.
Keep in mind: Marketplace orders do NOT qualify for free shipping.More about the Marketplace
Book has some visible wear on the binding, cover, pages.Biggest little used bookstore in the world.
$1.99 +$3.99 s/h
HippoBooks-DB Toledo, OH
Our feedback rating says it all: Five star service and fast delivery! We have shipped four million items to happy customers, and have one MILLION unique items ready to ship today!
$1.99 +$3.99 s/h
SuperFlyBooks AZ Phoenix, AZ
2002-02 Paperback Good Go green, recycle! Book may have wear from reading, may contain some library markings.
$1.99 +$3.99 s/h
thriftbooks-com Auburn, WA
Light shelf wear and minimal interior marks. Millions of satisfied customers and climbing. Thriftbooks is the name you can trust, guaranteed. Spend Less. Read More.
$1.99 +$3.99 s/h
BookHolders MD College Park, MD
third Good [ No Hassle 30 Day Returns ] [ Edition: third ] Publisher: Pyrczak Pub Pub Date: 2/1/2002 Binding: Paperback Pages: 138.
$2.50 +$3.99 s/h
Once Upon A Time Books AR Tontitown, AR
2002 Paperback 3rd edition Our goal with every sale is customer satisfaction, so please buy with confidence. All orders are shipped the same day or next day. This is a used book in good condition an...show mored may show some signs of use or wear. ...show less
$10.99 +$3.99 s/h
SUPER BOOKS Fort Mill, SC
Buy with Confidence. Excellent Customer Support. We ship from multiple US locations. No CD, DVD or Access Code Included.
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista or Mac OS X 10.3 or above
At least 280 MB RAM, a 600 mHZ processor and 110 MB of hard drive space
1024x768 (or larger) screen resolution
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.