This edition has also been released as:
ISBN13: 978-0072565546, 978-0072565614, 978-0072935233
ISBN10: 0072565543, 0072565616, 0072935235
Summary: This trade-like survey text is known for Alan Brinkley's clear narrative voice, impeccable scholarship, and reliability, all at a low price. It offers a careful examination of American political and diplomatic history, while also exploring the other areas of the American past that are of interest to scholars and students alike. The balanced picture that emerges connects the newer histories of society and culture with the more traditional stories of politics, diplomac ...show morey, and great public events. The fourth edition features a completely new four-color design and expanded illustration and mapping program, as well as new "America in the World" features and more! Edition/Copyright: 4TH 04
New to This Edition
- The fourth edition offers a completely new four-color design and expanded illustration and mapping program.
- "America in the World" features offer a global context and demonstrate how other histories are woven into that of the United States.
- Each chapter opens with a new introduction and new timelines.
- Many of the maps within the text now appear as interactive maps on the Online Learning Center, accompanied by related multiple-choice quizzes.
- Marginal notes highlight key terms, events, and concepts as they appear within the narrative.
- Expanded coverage focuses on the history of science and technology.
- The first four chapters have been thoroughly revised to show the connections between the history of the British colonies and the larger, global context of migration and settlement, also known as the emergence of an "Atlantic World."
- Extensive new material addresses environmental history, in particular in Chapters 12, 18, 21, 22, 29, 30, 32, and 34.
- The Unfinished Nation presents a broad account of a diverse American past, one in which no single approach dominates.
- The text is known for Alan Brinkley's clear narrative voice, impeccable scholarship, awareness of students' needs, and reliability, all at a low price.
- "Where Historians Disagree" essays demonstrate that history consists of many stories that are often complex and open to interpretation.
Cover: Multimedia Set
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company